Brand New Quality Engineer vacancy based in Lincoln.
Immediate start for a quality engineer with manufacturing experience
About Our Client
Located in Lincoln my client is a leading, growing organisation with a very well known, long standing product. They supply products UK wide to a range of industries including construction and the building trade.
Reporting into the Operations Manager as the QE you will ensure products are provided at a high level of quality that meets our customers' expectations, put in place a system to measure our performance and report on findings. You will work to implement new and improve existing procedures and processes within our system and collaborate with team members to build new quality controls, tests, and coordinate procedures to address any deficiencies.
Quality Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, create and maintain documentation for the NSP Quality Management System in line with Group - quality policies, manuals and procedures
- Attend Divisional and Group Quality Management Review meetings
- Monitor Environmental standards/procedures in line with legislation and company expectations and guidelines
- Implement checks and procedures to monitor the manufacturing process and conduct routine goods inwards compliance checks plus intermediate and final product testing as necessary.
- Ensure that all quality documents relating to your activities are maintained up-to-date and available
- Identify and support implementation of manufacturing process improvements which will improve capability and performance
- Ensure quality controls are set, in place and being achieved
- Oversea maintenance and control of all calibration records for all in process product measuring, test and inspection equipment
- Oversee and police all tests and checks, also monitoring all production activities from a QA perspective
- Manage customer complaints and NCR log as required
- Raise, implement & manage 8D investigations
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Quality Engineer position you should have a background within QE, QC or QMS. This role supports the company objectives for consistent product quality, improving reliability and efficiency, safe working and environmental compliance.
Quality Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Some experience in a similar quality role
- Understanding of quality methodologies and current industry standards and best practices
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Have a logical and methodical approach
- Be able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently unsupervised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trained experienced auditor
- Competent and experienced in use of MS office in-particular Excel
What's on Offer
£25,000 to £35,000.