Quality Engineer position based in Chesterfield on a 6 month contract.
Are you looking to enhance your career and take on a new Quality position?
About Our Client
Located in Chesterfield my client supply into a range of industries including and employ circa 80 staff in the UK. The business does design and manufacture their own product range and now require the recruitment of a focused Quality Engineer to come into this critical area of the business on a 6 month contract.
Reporting into the QHSE Manager the primary aim of this position is to support the development of products progression towards IATF 16949 certification, the position shall mainly focus on conducting internal audits with the direction to complete a full system audit plan. Secondary duties may include supporting or leading PPAP documentation development and submission
Other Duties Include:
- Lead/Complete Internal Audits to a designated Internal Audit Plan, System Audits, Manufacturing Audits, Product Audits and Support External Supplier Audits
- APQP support - management of all quality related tasks
- PPAP submissions to customers to Level 3 (20 elements)
- Complete Engineering Change Documents (if Any)
- Customer Engineering Approval (If Required)
- Measurement System Analysis Studies (Gauge R&R)
- Liaise with Automotive RSM and Tier 2/3 Customers to track PPAP progress
- Support process capability analysis and development of such processes
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this position you will have Quality Engineer or Quality Management experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
Other requirements include:
- Qualification is a MUST.
- Proven experience in achieving accreditation's for ISO.
- Production & Manufacturing awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Understanding of the production process and lead time acceptance.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ambitious, Organised, Structured.
- Ability to manage and control area's where necessary
- Key people skills and the ability to integrate with other departments where necessary
What's on Offer
Salary for this position is Circa £35,000.