Quality & Food Safety Manager
International food company which produces over 1.3million meals per year
Multi-functional and highly regulated industry
About Our Client
International food production company with a strong eye on sustainability and employee engagement is looking for a QESH Manager to join the team and watch over their 1000 employees.
The key responsibilities of the QESH Manager:
- Ensure that all employees comply with Safety, Quality, Food Safety and Environment requirements as specified in the global QHSE Management System. These requirements must be implemented and maintained in all existing and new sites.
- Review all internal and external audit reports to ensure that the rules of the company and customers are properly and efficiently implemented.
- Check compliance with the requirements of HACCP, QMS and HSE norms and systems,update all material information and ensure that all updates are effectively communicated to all operational divisions.
- Plan Quality, HACCP and HSE audits.
- Plan, conduct and audit Fire Drills and co-ordinate periodic checks with local Fire Services including Fire Marshall training
- Provide monthly reporting of results achieved against key QHSE indicators and evaluate the achievement of objectives.
- Develop a training plan and update training materials for internal training on food hygiene,for Health and Safety induction, for HACCP, Quality and Environment compliance.
- Collect on a monthly basis data on sickness leaves, measure accidents rates.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of criteria for suppliers selection and audit.
- Manage quality complaints
- Lead investigations in case of food poisoning or other illness / injury of staff.
- Communicate and share the quality strategy to key personnel.
- Keep management abreast of significant developments identified during quality control activities.
- The ability to be an effective ambassador for the organisation at all times
The Successful Applicant
The successful QESH Manager will have:
- MSc or BSc in a Food Science or other science related degree
- Food Safety Level 2
- Food Hygiene training and accreditation
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Clear understanding of ISO9001, ISO18001, ISO45001
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment on an industrial scale
- Ideally experience of working within the catering industry
- Proven experience and ability to manage people, processes and technology
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated success managing new initiatives while meeting operating budgetary requirements
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, benefits package and career progression opportunities