Excellent Quality Manager opportunity
Engineering Manufacturing environment
About Our Client
My client is a market leading engineering manufacturing business that is seeking to continuously improve the service to its customers whilst delivering world class products. Their products are highly technical so someone with a background in high value engineering manufacturing would be beneficial.
Reporting into the Site Director, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leading, supporting and managing the Quality activities on a fast-paced, highly complex site.
- Leading a team of 3 to drive the management and maintenance of the systems and processes, ensuring the highest standards of quality in products and services.
- Development of processes in line with world class manufacturing standards.
- Capturing and analysing data to demonstrate the current and future capability of manufacturing processes, including the analysis of OEE and SPC (statistical process control) data.
- Applying Lean and Six Sigma techniques to identify, support and lead improvement projects to drive the CI culture.
- Active participation in ensuring product issues are promptly investigated and adequate corrective/preventative actions implemented in a timely manner.
- To work with the Engineering, Manufacturing and R&D departments during product development to ensure that quality and service at the forefront of designs.
- Leading cross functional Quality meetings to ensure that everyone takes a level of accountability for making improvements and delivering consistently high standards to the customer.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Engineering
- Experience of quality management in an engineering manufacturing environment (ideally electronics or precision engineering)
- A track record of working in an ISO9001 and ISO14001 environment
- Demonstrable experience of leading customer and supplier relationships
- An action orientated way of work to solve problems
- An ability to influence effectively at all levels
- A desire to work towards an evolving plan
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to add significant value to a growing business where there are still improvements to be made. You will work with a business that offers career and personal progression and dynamic working.
Salary is competitive against market rate and will take into account your level and experience accordingly.
Working hours: Monday - Thursday 8am until 4.30pm, Friday 8am until 1pm (though as suggested above, there is a level of flexibility around these)