An exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing FMCG manufacturing business
An opportunity to join a business with excellent career progression
About Our Client
Our Nottinghamshire based client are in search of an experienced Quality Manager to join the existing team. The business are a leading manufacturer in their specific field and are going through an exciting period of growth and business development. The successful individual will be highly driven to succeed with natural gravitas to engage people by leading from the front with a passion to achieve strong "right first time" mind-set and embed a continuous improvement culture throughout the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Quality Manager for this Nottinghamshire based FMCG manufacturer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain the company's Quality Management Systems and Policies, ensuring compliance with all associated regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Writing technical management system reports and statistical reports.
- Defining quality procedures, setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Liaising with customers, auditors, and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers' specifications.
- Collating and analysing performance data and charts against defined parameters.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the Quality Manager position will have the following key attributes:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment - plastic, print or packaging experience preferred, but not essential
- 3+ years in a Quality Management position, working to ISO9001 and BRC - with experience of leading multidisciplinary teams of up to 10 staff
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and communication skills - experience of leading internal and external audits would be an advantage
- Demonstrable and proven understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques - Six Sigma experience preferred, though not essential
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise a large workload and manage multiple tasks
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, and excellent opportunities for career development and progression