- Well Established Manufacturing Company
- Senior Management Role
About Our Client
Our client is a well established industrial manufacturing company based in Oldham
Purpose of the Job:
Leadership, management and development of the Quality Department to achieve business plan objectives. Responsible for on time manufacturing of high quality products through leadership of employees, planning and execution of work, measurement and development of employee performance and support of management strategies and policies. Maintain positive employee relations, facilitate employee training and ensure a safe working environment. Responsible for supporting implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques, in line with the company Lean Programme).
* Leadership, management and development of the site Quality Team, including all plant and group KPIs
* Full operational and budget responsibility for the department
* Effectively manage the Quality Management System including Group, customer and product specific integrations, where applicable
* Develop and implement key performance indicators, in line with Group objectives, to drive business improvements across the site
* Ensure timely management of internal and external system and product non conformities.
* Conduct and manage product/process and system audits.
* Ensure that the latest copies of applicable Corporate, External, Customer Specific and legislative expectations are available and appropriately communicated to all relevant departments.
* Facilitate Cross Functional Quality Performance Reviews with key stakeholders
* Drive improved quality within the supply chain, working closely with key strategic suppliers to improve performance
* Support and facilitate continuous improvement activities within the site, working cross functionally on site and across other locations.
* Lead the Tier Reporting Process across Quality and report through to Plant level
* Establish key strategic activity required to develop the team in line with overall business objectives.
* Develop and implement significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems.
* Manage and lead staff in an efficient and flexible manner, ensuring all necessary training and development has been performed and necessary qualifications are in place.
* Mentor staff in an approachable and constructive manner.
* Support NPI projects working closely with other departments to ensure successful introduction into Production
* Health and Safety awareness will be amongst your main priorities, and Health and Safety guidelines should be actively adhered to and promoted.
The Successful Applicant
* Strong experience leading Quality within a manufacturing operations environment, with demonstrated success
* Strong experience supporting Quality Management techniques (ISO 9001)
* Strong experience of managing Quality System Requirements.
* Strong understanding of various quality tools and methodologies i.e. PPAP, 8D, SPC, 6 Sigma (DMAIC), Lean Analysis, Pareto charts and statistical data
* Strong business acumen and leadership skills. Very results driven
* Experience operating MRP/ERP systems
* Experience utilising Lean Six Sigma techniques and methodology to improve operational performance
* Experience using a Tier Reporting process, both leading at a functional level and reporting to Senior Management * Data driven approach with a proven track record in successful and sustainable business improvement
* Good ability to prioritise and organise tasks.
* Strong problem solving techniques
* Experience supporting NPI (New Product Introduction) projects
* Ability to work with staff at differing levels. A strong team player.
* Strong communication skills - very customer focused.
* Strong computer and data collection system literacy, analysis and presentation. Proven presentation skills, including use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* University Degree in Quality or Manufacturing related subject (preferred), or equivalent
* Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
* Experience working within or alongside the CNC Machining sector
* Experience working within a global multi-cultural organization.
What's on Offer
£55,0000 to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits