Quality & Technical Manager
Leading Food Company
2 Yeare Fixed Term Contract - Long Term Development Opportuntities
About Our Client
This is an established business that are still growing & you have the chance to be an instrumental part of their development. You will have the opportunity to & work with multiple food categories, varying suppliers & customers; working with the senior management team to move the department forward.
As the Quality & Technical Manager you will be instrumental in maintaining and developing a Quality System & appropriate Technical Standards for this Warwickshire based site. You will be providing the site with knowledge & leadership on food safety, HACCP and audit standards in food operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- A significant focus is to support and mentor colleagues responsible for Quality across the operation & to apply appropriate systems & standards and gain the accreditation required at each site to meet customer's needs.
- Provide knowledge leadership on food safety, HACCP and audit standards in food operations.
- Manage and control all areas relative to product safety and quality in compliance with customer and legal requirements.
- Retailer and BRC audit success at key sites.
- Communicate to operational and senior management the importance of quality and food safety.
- Standardise processes to a single Technical and Quality System as far as possible.
- Supplier management and negotiation for areas such as Pest control.
- Supporting new product development, new site implementations, skills development of colleagues, standardisation of processes and supporting the production team to increase productivity.
- Work closely with the NPD & buying teams to support in the evolution & improvement of the business' product range.
- Understand EU & UK laws and be able to interpret legislation in order to ensure that products launched are safe, legal and meet defined quality standards.
The Successful Applicant
A Quality/Technical Manager with retail or supplier experience within the food industry & the following:
- 2:1 Degree in an industry relevant discipline (e.g. Food science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Health & Nutrition or Microbiology)
- Experience managing teams and 3rd party/external technical relationships
- Project delivery experience would be advantageous
- Effective communicator
- Can work effectively as an individual & as part of a team
What's on Offer
Circa £50,000 - £55,000 + Additional Benefits