Quantity Surveyor - Housebuilding
Provides progression and development
New build housing experience essential
About Our Client
The role is within their North West region. They have a great reputation for consistently building to a high standard and are looking to bring someone in to their commercial team due to continued growth and excellent pipeline of work.
You will report to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for the commercial aspects of each development. Duties will include:
- Producing draft budgets and site start budgets for each site
- Producing quarterly valuations
- Producing sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed them off.
- Producing sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
- Completing on-site measurements and assessing payments to contractors.
- Attending and contributing to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Managing all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintaining trade specifications.
- Pricing customer extras and liaising with sales department as necessary.
- Assisting the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-off's for land appraisals when required
The Successful Applicant
You will have experience working for another regional or national housebuilder and a minimum of 5+ years experience in a QS role. You will be educated to degree level and ideally be located within the North West region. You will be ambitious and driven, with good communication skills and attention to detail.
What's on Offer
You will have the opportunity to work for a well established and very reputable housebuilder. You will receive a competitive annual salary package which includes car allowance and bonus. You will have the opportunity to develop and progress within this company, and also have the advantage of local work as all sites will be in and around the North West region.