Quantity Surveyor (Housing Planned Works)
An excellent opportunity to work with a leading Housing provider
A newly created role to lead across the Surveying function
About Our Client
A leading, national Housing provider
The key responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor (Housing Planned Works) include:
- Working collaboratively with the delivery team and service providers to ensure commercial and financial delivery is compliant with contracts, specifications and a schedule of rates
- Planing and instructing sub-contracted works ensuring agreed costs and key performance indicators are achieved.
- Managing and delivering the end to end process and administration of the ordering, approval and payment of subcontracted works.
- Conducting and recording performance management reviews with regional sub-contractors on a cyclical basis.
- Ensuring commercial pricing structures in place with regional sub-contractors are effective, efficient and provide value for money.
- Working closely with the Regional Head of Service to ensure that works, which can be self-delivered by the regional teams, are not passed to the sub-contractor network unnecessarily.
- Ensuring that the regional subcontractors are working in compliance with their contract specifications
- Working closely with procurement to ensure that subcontractor usage and selection is in compliance with regulations
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Quantity Surveyor (Housing Planned Works) role will:
- Have quantity surveying experience within a similar organisation and asset maintenance teams.
- Have experience of cost management, framework contracts and commercial management of contracts using a schedule of rates.
- Be experienced in developing, preparing and issuing performance reports.
- Hold a good knowledge of building construction and repair techniques, related current legislation and regulations. Scope of works can include larger more complex projects with multiple work streams in one place, sprinkler systems and fire safety work, component replacements including; kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, storage heaters, warden call, lift replacements, fire doors etc
- Have experience of overseeing contractors delivering multi-discipline projects and ensuring Health & Safety requirements are followed.
- Have excellent IT skills and good working know ledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel, housing and property management systems
- Based in Hampshire, you should be commutable across South East England where necessary (the role is predominantly home/office based)
What's on Offer
A competitive annual salary
An industry leading benefits package
The opportunity to work client side with a leading Housing provider