Quantity Surveyor - Leading UK Developer
Residential Development experience is a MUST
Experience surveying on sites over 100 units
About Our Client
The selected Quantity Surveyor - Leading UK Developer, working within the Building and Construction industry, will be joining for one of the biggest names in the business.
Out client currently has a variety of sites that are in varying stages of construction and development. In order to join the business you will need to show a level of skill and understanding of the market but also be able to show your individuality and personality.
Out client is an innovative and dynamic business with a fantastic brand image among the general public and is able to provide a variety of properties to the market allowing a broad level of experience to be gained.
Quantity Surveyor - Leading UK Developer - Based in Reading
- You will join the commercial team responsible for the contractual and commercial performance of a new project in the local area
- Support the project team in developing the appropriate project procurement/commercial/contractual strategies.
- Continuous assessment of the capacity of the existing supply chain partners.
- Develop the contract cost models including Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Rates, Activity Schedules, Milestones for use in the contract documentation.
- Liaise with Procurement and Commercial Governance Team to ensure that corporate supply chain strategy, policy and procedures are implemented.
- Prepare the Invitation to Tender documentation
- Delivery of the procurement of consultant, supplier and contractor services relating to the project including assessment documentation as necessary.
- Support the management of consultant, supplier and contractor claims.
- Finalise consultant, supplier and contractor accounts and close out all contracts for project.
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project.
- Provide advice and guidance on commercial and contractual matters to Project Team with reference back to the commercial manager for approval.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Experience for the selected Quantity Surveyor - Leading UK Developer
- Ideally member of Industry body i.e. RICS or equivalent
- Well versed in modern Quantity Surveying techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations/project environments.
- Understanding of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
- Understanding of commercial contracting strategies within an engineering environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good working contractual/legal knowledge.
- An understanding of delivery techniques in regulated markets.
The role will require a candidate who is able to work well independently as well as have an excellent level of communication with site based staff.
What's on Offer
An excellent package is on offer for the right level candidate coming from a background in residential development