Excellent career development
About Our Client
Our client is a global player in the telecommunications infrastructure market and due to rapid expansion into Scotland they are looking to develop and grow a new team. They help provide millions of homes around the globe with internet service.
- Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the Quantity Surveyor will have the ownership of an entire region's commercial activities, including cost management, forecasting and WIP (work in progress) management.
- The role requires a professional individual who can manage both internal and external stakeholders, an understanding of budgeting and cost control and ability to manage several commercial and cost administrators.
- The applicant will coordinate a group of up to 20 civil work crews and 30 Fiber Optic cabling and splicing crews, corresponding to 100 workers covering up to 30,000 homes per year.
- Order of cost estimates;
- The preparation of tender and contract documents such as bills of quantities
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Undertaking cost analysis for fibre optic works involving civil works where required.* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Setting up and managing subcontract agreements, regular meetings and final accounts.
- Identifying and responding to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
The Successful Applicant
- Must be degree educated in Quantity Surveying or equivalently qualified
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working within the telecommunications field (either in civil works or optical work) as a Quantity Surveyor - this would be beneficial not essential
- A full UK driving license is essential for these roles & constant travel across Scotland will be required
- Good communication skills
- Proven man management skills
- Self-organisation skills and ability to organise others
- Priority management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to drive program
What's on Offer
Salary 40-50k + excellent benefits.