- Rare opportunity due to continued growth
- Work for a global company with an excellent reputation
About Our Client
You will be working for a market leading modular contractor with an excellent reputation. The role has come around due to continued growth, and you will work predominantly on Design & Build packages between the values of £2M -£15M. You will work across multiple sectors of the industry but mainly Education and Healthcare.
You will be required to proactively manage the commercial and contractual aspects of a variety of projects. You will communicate with the supply chain and internal stakeholders, Overseeing the subcontractor engagement process to ensure packages are procured in accordance with the project requirements, tender programme and internal due diligence policies. You will support Sales E&W in minimising exposure to contractual risk through assessment of employer's proposed terms and the development / implementation of proposed mitigation strategies.
Other duties may include:
- Preparing and providing preliminary cost advice to the pre-Construction team
- Production of subcontract tender enquiries.
- Appraising tender submissions for commercial viability and compliance.
- Communicate project requirements to other internal parties.
- Where applicable, to propose, evaluate and recommend value engineering options to the project team.
- Undertaking reviews of proposed contract terms & conditions
- Highlighting exposure to risk and identify/manage mitigation strategies
- Negotiating terms with clients and supply chain partners.
- Preparing and presenting required information to the Project Delivery team at the point of contract
- Work with the Estimating team to assist where required
The Successful Applicant
You will ideally have 5+ years experience as a QS, working within a transferable industry sector. You will have JCT /NEC administration experience. You will be driven, with strong negotiation skills, and the ability to organise and prioritise tasks. You will be degree qualified or have a construction related qualification. You will have strong negotiation skills, and a good understanding of traditional construction methods.
What's on Offer
You will have the opportunity to work for a global company with an excellent reputation. You will be given genuine progression and development opportunities as part of their proactive talent management strategy, which will demonstrate a clear career plan based on your individual aspirations. You will have the possibility to upskill yourself as part of their company sponsored development programme, and be put through courses and qualifications in relation to your area of expertise. You will have access to health and well being services, and are even entitled to an additional volunteering day, away from the business each year.
You will receive 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy an additional 5 each year. You will receive contributory pension and private medical cover, as well as a generous bonus based on performance which can be anywhere from 10%-20%