Premium Brand Housebuilder
Join a high performing commercial team and an exceptional brand!
About Our Client
A premium housebulder delivering quality new homes across the East Midlands.
- Take a 'whole company' perspective to the performance of the regional business by positively influencing and enhancing the profitability and operating effectiveness of the business.
- Manage build costs, cash flows and budget financial information as per Group policies and processes.
- Ensure Group policies and processes are followed and reported fully on all development/ build-related expenditure adding value to the wider business and delivering the commercial objectives of the Region.
- Manage the working partnerships with Housing Associations, third party providers and sub-contractors to ensure that all contractual terms are met and ensure that all orders are placed, managed and settled as per Group policies and processes.
- Engage fully in the process of determining and agreeing site start programmes and timescales.
- Assist in the production of comprehensive Commercial reports / estimates for inclusion in Land Appraisals.
- Achieve the payment and PFA reporting timetable.
- Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan.
- Authorise and commit expenditure on the COINS system up to the Group approval limit.
- Produce key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the commercial function.
- Ensure that the Company maximises its compliance with Group product, specification and deals.
- At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company's Health and Safety and Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions
The Successful Applicant
- A relevant qualification or good experience of Quantity Surveying
- A good understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build.
- Good Finance / Commercial awareness &Technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of the Construction Industry
- Good Knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
- Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
What's on Offer
Up to £52k basic salary plus discretionary bonus 6 - 18%
Company car or car allowance
Many more company benefits