Leading Materials Business
Fantastic Benefits Package Available
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long standing client of ours in their search for a National Rail Manager overseeing their Rail freight within the UK.
The Rail Manager will:
- Report into the Operations Director.
- Manage the Train planning teams on a day to day basis.
- Lead and proactively improve the performance and profitability of businesses commercial rail freight services.
- Drive efficiency's across all rail freight services by excellent collaboration with Sales, Operations, Strategic Planning and Resource Planning teams.
- Implement and maintain Safety, Health, Environment and Quality strategies.
- Ensure that the delivery of customer's train services is conducted in the most cost-effective way.
- Ensure the businesses performance and financial risks are managed proactively, to ensure profitability of commercial services.
- Ensure all departments are performance focused to ensure a high level of service to our commercial customers.
- Consistently strive to understand internal and external client's needs and requirements and use these to inform key performance and policy discussions.
- Actively act as liaison between sales and operations to ensure all customer & business needs are met.
- Manage the train planning team to plan all Rail freight commercial services paths, and to drive efficiency's where possible.
- Resolution of rail disputes and queries, in coordination with the Operations Director.
- Collation, analysis and distribution of rail KPI's.
- Development and ownership of Performance Improvement Plans, robust contingency plans, performance improvement business cases and internal performance related training.
- Periodically audit all rail heads to ensure that site, plant and equipment is optimised, maintained and used in a safe and effective manner.
- Monitor and manage the maintenance regime to fully manage all plant, track and sidings to meet the needs of the maintenance schedule.
- Support the business by ensuring adequate processes are in place for the coordination of all rail hauled materials, to provide adequate stock levels for current and future needs.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant regulations and legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring the business are getting best money for value wherever possible, this includes ordering equipment, fuel, servicing, leasing, utilisation etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Rail Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain OR Transport and Rail background.
- Be Degree education or similar.
- Have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a Rail management role.
- Have a good understanding of rail industry performance metrics, delay attribution and targets.
- Possess a high level of railway industry knowledge including managing contractual frameworks.
- Confident dealing with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Good attention to detail.
- Logical and process driven.
- Service & Customer focus driven.
- Good IT skills.
- Be commutable to Leicestershire, East Midlands.
What's on Offer
This position offers:
- Salary - £45,000 to £50,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Company Bonus
- Company Pension scheme
- Company Holiday package
- Plus additional company benefits