R&D Director Immunohematology
To join an established player growing its operations in Switzerland
Taking up a very challenging role mixing Leadership skills and R&D savvy
About Our Client
Our client is a global player, providing clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of almost 8.000 employees and a global network of operations serving their customers, our client helps people live longer and healthier lives.
- Manage the technological and scientific competitiveness of the BU and implement the right strategy accordingly.
- Lead the R&D team activities including internal and external resources.
- Investigate and present to management new technologies, and R&D solutions as part of the product strategy.
- Set-up department resources according to project portfolio.
- Develop the intellectual property of the BU product range. Work with Corporate Patent department and BU management to identify, value, file, and maintain patents.
- Represent the department by attending congresses and international seminars.
- Validate and consolidate projects, the main lines of development and the budgets proposed by the R&D managers.
- Coordinate the transfer towards production with the manufacturing management. Provide support in case of quality or manufacturing issues for existing products.
- Financial accountability.
- Develop R&D employees in line with corporate strategy. Set objectives and assess performance.
The Successful Applicant
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Sciences/Medical Technology. PhD preferred. Lean / Six Sigma or other continuous quality improvement certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum 10 year's experience in the diagnostic industry including a proven track record in the development of diagnostic technologies, reagents and systems. Expertise in immunohematology.
Strong leadership skills in managing large R&D teams and ability to aspire, plan and delegate resources to the various projects.
Ability to create productive working relationships with cross-functional and regional stakeholders.
Internal Auditing experience.
Capacity of vision, strategic thinking, analysis and synthesis.
Decision-maker, able to work under stress, rigorous and objective.
Strong language skills in English; at least one additional language French and/or German preferred.
Great communication and negotiation skills.
What's on Offer
We are offering a very challenging role with a competitive salary package.