R&D Tax Advisor
An opportunity to become a niche and specialized Tax professional.
Progress, develop, and grow at a unique firm offering full study support.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with an unique and growing independent practice who are looking to recruit an R&D Tax Advisor to join as a pivotal hire into their Tax team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the firm is looking for an AAT or part/fully ACCA Qualified professional, who is ambitious and has aspirations of becoming an Equity Partner. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this R&D Tax Advisor position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Completing and filing corporation tax returns;
- Responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through an R&D Tax Credit Claim;
- Providing tax guidance to clients relating to R&D tax credit claims;
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax credits;
- Processing client financial data to calculate the value of the claim and preparing computations and CT600s;
- Working with and supporting Claims Administrators;
- Once fully competent you will take on your own client portfolio and progress business development opportunities including pitching for work with both new and existing clients; and
- Supporting senior management.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this R&D Tax Advisor role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK corporate tax regime;
- Highly numerate with advanced excel skills;
- Possess strong communication skills by telephone and over email;
- Professional and personable attitude;
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple client claims;
- Experience with completing and filing corporation tax returns; and
- We are seeking someone AAT or part /fully ACCA Qualified.
What's on Offer
Very competitive base salary;