R&D Tax Advisor
Progression, development, and study support on offer.
An exciting opportunity to become an R&D Tax Specialist.
About Our Client
A thriving and growing leading independent chartered R&D tax credit consultancy looking for an instrumental hire to join their R&D team. My client specialises exclusively in R&D tax credits. This level of specialism provides them with a more thorough understanding of the tax legislation, HMRC practise and how it could impact their clients. My client's dedication, passion, and level of expertise enable them to provide a complete R&D service ensuring their client's claims are fully optimised, providing their client base with peace of mind and confidence.
The key responsibilities for this R&D Tax Advisor position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Ensuring Anti-Money Laundering checks are carried out in line with internal controls and industry regulations;
- Amending and filing of corporation tax returns;
- Liaising with clients and business partners to establish and maintain strong relationships;
- Providing tax guidance to clients relating to R&D tax credit claims;
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax credits;
- Updating clients and third parties with any developments in the R&D tax credit scheme;
- Assistance in the preparation of R&D tax credit claims including calculations and report writing for submission to HMRC;
- Once fully competent you will take on your own client portfolio and progress business development opportunities including pitching for work with both new and existing clients;
- Travel within the UK may be required; and
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this R&D Tax Advisor role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Fully qualified accountant or tax professional with ACCA / ACA / CTA (Newly qualified applicants will be accepted);
- Experience in the preparation of corporate tax returns;
- Highly numerate with advanced excel skills;
- Possess strong communication skills by telephone and over email;
- Professional and personable attitude;
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple client claims;
- Driver with a willingness to travel to client meetings if needed in own vehicle (expenses reimbursed);
- Takes a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and thrives under pressure; and
- Proactive approach and willingness to learn.
What's on Offer
- Full CTA study package
- Very competitive salary
- Bupa Healthcare
- Life Assurance