Real Estate Lawyer
Rare in-house real estate position for a growing investment manager
Complex transactions from sourcing through to completion
About Our Client
Our client is a leading impact investment manager with over £2bn under management with a target to take that to £4+bn in the next few years. They are dedicated to achieving long-term sustainable returns for global investors by acquiring community-focused assets that deliver positive social outcomes.
The investment manager have focused on investments in the UK and Europe with a successful track record of having completed more than 130 transactions over the past three years.
More recently, they have established two private funds, one specialising in forward-funding new build specialist supported housing and the other into investing into quality community-based social housing assets, they are well underway with the launch of further funds expected in 2021.
A close-knit team from a range of impressive backgrounds provides the opportunity for genuine strategic involvement & progression through a fast-growing company.
The successful Real Estate Lawyer will work with the Transactions team to contribute to the growing investment portfolio and be instrumental in the efficient execution of acquisitions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project management of complex transactions ensuring deadlines and timescales are met
- Instructing external counsel on transactions to include - SPAs, sales contracts, lease agreements and service level agreements
- Advising on investment committee papers & liaising with senior stakeholders to understand investment pipeline.
- Reviewing and analysing professional advice and transactional due diligence
- Dealing with post-acquisition asset management matters such as lease assignments and deeds of novation
- Liaising with sellers, care providers and registered providers
- Liaising with and managing external and professional advisers
- Managing internal approval processes and reporting
The Successful Applicant
Our client are seeking a Real Estate lawyer with the following skills & qualifications:
- Experience of working on complex real estate transactions in private practice or in-house
- Qualified solicitor trained at a well-respected UK firm
- Diligent and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with external law firms, professional advisers and a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to work under time pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Robust and resilient with excellent interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
With multiple roles on offer, the client are offering between 70-100k (dependent on experience) plus bonus for the successful Real Estate Lawyer.