Genuine opportunity to build a career and grow your earnings!
Well-respected, market-leading, recruitment firm - high performance culture
About Our Client
Operating across 36 countries and 25 different business areas, our purpose is to create opportunities for people to reach their potential.
For our candidates, this means placing them in the job of their dreams and helping them to develop their career.
For our clients, this means finding them the right staff to enable them to meet their own professional goals.
For our consultants, PageGroup offers the opportunity to truly build a career. Our CEO started as a Consultant, as did over 90% of our Managers and Directors.
Whatever your background, if you are a tenacious, ambitious and resilient individual with the ability to assimilate information and influence people, you could be our next great hire.
Our company values of passion, determination, work as a team, enjoying what we do and making a difference are more evident now than ever and are an integral part of our business.
According to the job description, the Recruitment Consultant role is "to proactively initiate and develop commercial relationships with local customers to generate revenue".
In practice, for a newbie, this means speaking to and meeting with as many candidates as possible within your specialism, to build your professional network and develop a real understanding of your market, whilst gathering commercial information and acting on this to deliver a consultative, effective and timely service to clients and candidates.
Daily activities will include:
- Sourcing candidates via internal & external methods - LinkedIn, job boards, adverts and referrals
Arranging & conducting meetings with candidates to understand their career history , future aspirations and to gain commercial information
Arranging, marketing & hosting industry events to enhance your personal brand and expand your network
Matching candidates to client opportunities, including shortlisting
Obtaining candidate testimonials from their former managers, colleagues and reports
Proactively marketing top candidates to your client base by email, phone and social media
The Successful Applicant
There is no blueprint for becoming an outstanding recruiter, and our top performers come from a wide variety of different backgrounds.
Our market-leading training programmes and daily coaching mean that we are able to train the 'aptitude' element of the role - we can give you the skills.
The most important thing for our people is 'attitude'. We have five core behavioural elements which are non-negotiable when it comes to being successful in this environment.
Drive means demonstrating that you want to be successful, that you have clear goal and that you are willing to work towards these
Initiative means demonstrating innovative thinking, seeking out opportunities and acting on them
Influencing means creating a positive impression on internal & external stakeholders and presenting ideas in a persuasive manner
Resilience means remaining calm, composed and focused to deliver under pressure; demonstrating 'bouncebackability'
Teamwork means integrating into teams comprising a variety of different personalities, and working together and with integrity to achieve shared goals
What's on Offer
PageGroup has arguablely the single most compelling offering of any recruitment firm globally. Below is a flavour of what's on offer:
Progression and development
- Our market-leading talent development programme is the envy of the industry
- Our promotions are always on merit - once you hit your targets, you are promoted
- Our vast market coverage means that your options for sideways and upwards moves are unlimited
Culture and environment
- Our single most important asset is our people. By nature, we are all friendly, outgoing, driven people who work together to achieve results - and go to the pub after!
- We are an innovative organisation, investing in technology to make our Consultants more effective (and lucrative!)
- Unlike many of our competitors, we think long-term, meaning that we treat our clients, candidates and consultants with respect; valuing relationships and giving new consultants the time and support needed to become successful
- We are an award-winning business for our Diversity & Inclusion strategy - and a "Great Place to Work"
Package and benefits
- We offer market-leading salaries for entry-level and experienced hires
- We offer an achievable quarterly bonus scheme which rewards over-performance, as well as a 'new starter bonus' to help you get off the ground
- We run numerous incentives including quarterly 'Eat with the Elite' Michelin star dining experiences, six monthly 'High Flyers' trips abroad and numerous ad-hoc incentives
- We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefits package including competitive pension, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service and promotions), a holiday purchase scheme, life assurance, private health care cover, Give As You Earn 1:1 matched charitable donations, tech purchase scheme and many more flex benefits
In short, we can offer you a genuine long-term, rewarding career in an environment that's great to work in.