Regional Counsel - 9 month FTC
Global business well known in their niche market
Broad in-house role ranging from commercial, compliance to company secretarial
About Our Client
Our client is a global business with long standing and strong history in their niche market.
- Supporting the Regional Head Counsel EMEA, and commercial legal function within the EMEA region.
- Provide professional, pro-active advice and support to the business and affiliates across EMEA (principally in France and Italy) on a wide range of commercial and strategic legal issues.
- Dealing with corporate governance, including corporate secretarial matters for the UK and other European-based affiliates;
- corporate and company secretarial experience is a strong advantage but not essential.
- Supporting on a broad range of commercial matters such as; procurement (indirect) , distribution agreements, outsourcing, IT, raw material contracts, litigation, compliance, HR matters.
- Provide cross-functional legal support in compliance with laws and regulations, company policies and industry standards, including but not limited to competition law, anti-bribery, international trade, data privacy laws and regulations and managing risk.
- Prepare, review and negotiate all types of contracts and other legally relevant documents, including relevant standards, templates and policies.
- Instruct and work with external lawyers, where applicable.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate will have:
- English qualified solicitor, barrister or continental European equivalent with right to work in the UK with current practising certificate.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French or Italian language skills are a bonus but not essential
- At minimum of 6/7 years PQE, including proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment. Combination of in-house and private practice experience preferred;
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with legal and commercial colleagues and to thrive in the cultural diversity of a global business
- Excellent communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with conflicting priorities
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations, with ability to analyse business requirements from a legal perspective and transform into practical, timely and value-added actions and guidelines
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
Ability to start in mid - late June is preferred.
What's on Offer
Salary: £75,000-£90,000 per annum
Excellent flexibility to work from home (combination of office based and home based) - open to hearing what arrangements may work for the candidate.