Regional H&S Manager
Growing multi-facetted matrix business
Incredubly well known branded organisation
About Our Client
International family run business, operating in over 55 countries globally, as a matrix organisation. An incredibly well known branded company, this role would be the perfect opportunity to work for a family favourite and truly and strategic value to the team.
The key responsibilities of the Regional H&S Manager are:
- Maintain and regularly update overview of Health and Safety regulations applicable in the UK&Ire
- Ensure health and safety risks are identified, evaluated and mitigated as needed
- Jointly with functions, determine mitigation activities for gaps identified, in order to prevent injuries or adverse health impacts to employees
- Develop regional/ local H&S policies, procedures and work instructions in line with group policies and procedures
- Train and coach employees and managers in H&S topics with the aim to build a reliable safety culture
- Provides H&S inputs to major change projects in the region such as design, purchasing, installation of machines and equipment or changes to site layout, new construction, facility design, etc.
- Collaborates with workplace management to incorporate H&S criteria in the selection and evaluation of contractors and new buildings/offices
- Maintains relations with concerned local public authorities, collaborates during inspections and periodical visits of working areas
- Supports any legal reporting requirements (e.g. accident notification) and claims management (where applicable)
- Ensures all H&S related licenses, notification, reporting requirements are met and related documents are maintained
- Monitor and verify adherence to work safety standards and procedures as well as implementation of all corrective actions identified during audits, inspections, risk assessments, etc.
- Regular reporting on metrics, status, issues, incidents to Local Management and Group H&S as needed
- Regular reporting on status of corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure the implementation of Wellbeing initiatives in the regions
The Successful Applicant
The successful Regional H&S Manager UK&IRE will:
- They are looking for candidates with Strategic experience of Health and Safety in the FMCG space, ideally in food/beverages, manufacturing supply chain/warehouse environments
- Candidates should be able to drive change and implement polices, procedures, best practise and ensure compliance and monitoring is of exceptional standards
- Candidates should be able to influence at all levels and not be scared to be hands on as well as strategic.
- Candidates should have demonstrable experience as at Head of H&S or Director level, for this role
- For this role candidates also need to have relevant Health and Safety qualifications.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary + benefits package