- Leading UK FMCG Business
- Multi-Site Responsibility - East Midlands Region
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a Leading UK FMCG business in their search for a Regional Transport General Manager - after experiencing continued growth throughout 2019 & 2020, this role will be critical in supporting the delivery of this organisations exciting expansion plans during the remainder of 2021 and into 2022.
This role will cover 3 key sites within the East Midlands, with Nottingham being an ideal central location for the right candidate.
The Regional Transport General Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting into the UK Operations Director.
- Managing a team of c.100+ drivers across a multi-site operation via a team of Transport Managers and supporting structure.
- Ensuring key performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Managing the transport budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available & attend training courses as & when required.
- Complete thorough driver trip Debriefs and manage poor performing drivers.
- Managing drivers hours & ensure legal compliance as per the Working Time Directive & Drivers hours
Using the Gateway system to maintain drivers hours records and Tachographs to include uploads of vehicles & drivers within the required time limits, collate and send charts/envelopes to FTA for analysis.
- Ensure vehicles are available for scheduled maintenance & MOT, with an appropriate replacement to meet the business demand.
- Carryout driving licence, ADR certificate, CPC card checks at the appropriate time.
- Maintain & review driving licence records.
- Be commutable to the Nottingham / East Midlands area.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Regional Transport General Manager position will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified - Essential.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years Transport Management experience - Essential.
- Have managed large single site / multi site operations previously - Essential
- Have worked within a fast paced sector previously - 3PL / FMCG / Food / Retail - Advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 100+ drivers previously - Essential.
- Have managed budget in excess of £15M - Advantageous.
- Be commercial aware and results driven.
This person will have likely worked within a; Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, Transport General Manager, General Manager, Regional Transport Manager, National Transport Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- £62,500 to £67,500 - DOE.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- 25% Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Additional Company benefits.