Registered Children's Home Manager
An autonomous role working with a growing group of Childrens Residential homes
Flexible working to suit your own work/life balance
About Our Client
Our residential homes provide children with a stable, secure and supportive environment, where they can develop their innate skills and confidence. As part of your rewarding role, you'll work with children and young people with a range of complex needs and SEMH, as well as children with autism and Learning Disabilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of staff recruitment, effective deployment of staff/bank and Agency workers across the service, referrals, admissions and care practice.
- Ensure the service delivers at a high level to meet the young people's needs and can provide quantitative and qualitative data to evidence the outcomes achieved by young people.
- Ensures the service meets and complies with all regulatory and statutory requirements as a minimum. Deliver the service to meet all contractual standards of placing authorities and where possible exceed the standards.
- To support and directly line manage the team with delegated responsibility to the Home's senior management team.
- To ensure efficient and effective administrative and electronic systems are in place and being used to meet obligations for recording and reporting to comply with both Salutem's and Ofsted's reporting standards.
- Ensure the service performs within budget and at a level to achieve the highest Ofsted inspection rating, supporting a programme of continuous business improvement.
- With the support of the Regional Director, responsible for the forward vision, strategic planning and generation of a pipeline of continuous business, building up and maintaining a sound reputation for the Home.
The Successful Applicant
- Recognised Social Work qualification or a professional qualification relevant to working with children at least at level 4
- Qualification in management to at least at level 4 in Leadership and Management (LMCS) or level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services
At least 2 years' experience relevant to residential care within the last 5 years
Business and management skills to manage the work efficiently and effectively
Good knowledge and experience of law and practice's relating to looked after children, Knowledge of statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of residential childcare services
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Perk Box - offering more than 1000 different discounts
- Mental and physical well-being support
- Employee Assistance Programme