Respect Individuals - listen and act and Encourages Pride
About Our Client
Historic institution providing sheltered accommodation (Long Wards) and full nursing care where necessary (the Margaret Thatcher Infirmary) for some 300 retired soldiers, known as In-Pensioners.
It ensures Army veterans are provided with the support and comradeship they need in recognition of their service to the Nation and safeguards their historic home for the veterans of tomorrow.
- As a Registered Nurse wtihin Kensington and Chelsea Principal Accountabilities
- To always act within the Nursing and Midwifery Council The Code - Standards of conduct, performance and ethics for nurses and midwives (2008)
- To demonstrate an understanding of the Care Quality Commission - Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (march 2010) and their role in compliance with these standards.
- To play an active role in promoting the quality of daily life for all Pensioners through supporting planned activities and person-centred care.
- To act as a Named Nurse for nominated Pensioners.
- Ensure all Care Plans are completed comprehensively and maintained for all short and long stay Pensioners.
- Ensure all medication is ordered, received, stored, administered, and disposed of in line with NMC Standards for Medicines Management (2008) and the Margaret Thatcher Infirmary Medication Policy.
- Support training and the specific supervision of Senior Care Assistants and Care Assistants as delegated by the Senior Staff Nurses/Deputy Matron in all aspects of their duties.
- Take responsibility for shift management as rostered.
- To act as Duty Nurse in line with the MTI Duty Nurse Responsibilities Protocol with responsibility for the Management of the Infirmary as rostered.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of responsibilities towards emergency and short stay admissions.
- Work professionally with all members of the Hospital's medical centre, the multi-disciplinary team and the Adjutant's Department including Captains of Invalids referring all welfare problems as appropriate.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with the Pensioners personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exits with the Pensioners.
- Refer all Pensioners` financial problems or requests to the Hospital Almoner.
- To report immediately any concerns regarding staff members suspected of bullying, harassment, drug or alcohol abuse or any other inappropriate or unprofessional behaviour in the care environment.
- Advise, support and visit, as requested Pensioners on residential wards causing concern to care staff.
- Participate in all ward and staff meetings as required.
- Attend all mandatory and required training both on and off site as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Valid NMC PIN - Registered Nurse experience
- Tier 2 Sponsorship is NOT possible
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of needs and rights of older people and an understanding of good care principles and the CQC fundamental standards
- Genuine interest in, and experience of working with, the elderly
- Have a logical approach to work, evaluating and prioritising situations carefully and thinking ahead to anticipate problems and deal with them effectively.
- Leads by example and has high expectations of others and what they can achieve; recognises and acknowledges the strengths of people in their team and shares their own knowledge and skills in order to develop them further.
- Work in a collaborative and cooperative manner building positive and effective relationships at all levels.
What's on Offer
- Paid meal break
- Flexible Rota - 4 shifts a week on a rota which includes days, nights and weekends.