Broad in-house regulatory role
European bank with an expanding UK presence
About Our Client
Our client are a top European corporate/investment bank with a growing UK presence who are looking for a regulatory lawyer to assist them with the ongoing regulatory environment; including onshoring/passporting, advising on the impacts of upcoming regulatory change, ensuring regulatory alignment of new products & reporting internally on any updates or developments required.
The successful regulatory lawyer will be responsible for coordinating between the UK branch & Group legal function on a range of regulatory matters, including:
- Advising on diversions between UK/EU regulation;
- Advising on the regulatory implications of a diversifying range of financial products;
- Liaising between senior stakeholders to update them on recent & upcoming regulatory change;
- Reviewing & leading on PRA & FCA consultation papers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful regulatory lawyer will be a qualified lawyer with the following experience:
- A proven track record of providing regulatory advice in a financial services setting - either from private practice or working in-house;
- Sound understanding of the PRA & FCA handbooks;
- Prior experience in-house, particularly in a wholesale bank, would be preferable but is not a requirement;
- Broad understanding of relevant UK regulations - for example MiFID/MiFIR, PSD 2, GDPR.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary & benefits package for a regulatory lawyer in London.