Regulatory Reporting Supervisor
£37,000 - £45,400
Market Leading International FS organisation
Managerial position in a key internal team.
About Our Client
International, FTSE 100 financial services organisation.
- roactively supervise the Regulatory Change and Reporting Team leading to the successful compliance with regulatory reporting, specifically MiFID, EMIR, AIFMD and other smaller rulings such as Rule 8.3 and DTR5.
- Research and implement regulatory change throughout Investment Operations, across all Fund ranges as necessary.
- Research and implement accounting and tax changes, for all outsourced Fund Ranges and jurisdictions.
- Actively participate in the management of relationships with stakeholders including Regulators, Service providers and Internal departments such as compliance, portfolio monitoring and other Investment Operations teams.
- Identify processes enhancements, or potential risks, to ensure that reporting provided is of the highest standard and remains fully compliant.
- Manage the resolution of complex outstanding items, business issues and rectify anomalies to ensure high-level of reporting.
- Undertake quality assurance of work to ensure errors are minimised.
- Represent the team and department in a professional, collaborative, and commercially aware manner, developing good working relationships with all internal and external parties.
- Ensure the system infrastructure is robust, trusted and supports the longer term department strategies and enables efficient operational service delivery in compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform operation processes and system.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and issues. Recommend changes to procedures and implement, ensuring that they are scalable, repeatable and efficient. Participate in department wide reviews of procedures where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with manager/staff fostering credibility and influence towards developing a reputation of operational excellence across the firm.
- Work collaboratively with peers to share best practise and create awareness of issues throughout the department.
- Ensure superlative service levels are maintained to both internal and external parties.
- Supervise team members throughout their work and ensure that all aspects of performance management are dealt with thoroughly and effectively.
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Robust support and implementation of projects/initiatives.
- Challenge established methods, explore and promote new ideas or ways of working with the buy in and enthusiasm from team.
- May be required from time to time to support Fund Oversight team with financial reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong technical investment process knowledge/experience relevant to role, in particular with regards to regulation and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Accounting experience desirable but not essential.
- Proven experience of supporting a team, equivalent to like functions.
- Strong experience/skills in regulatory controls.
- Demonstrable people management skills, experience of delivering change.
- Constantly challenge established methods and to look at promoting new ideas with the buy in and enthusiasm from your team.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Confident liaising across, Front Office, Investment Operations environments.
- Evidence of effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to grasp issues, find creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to articulate issues clearly and logically.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
What's on Offer
The full time permanent position offers:
- Life assurance
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank
- Performance related bonus
- Paid Overtime
- Discount and Share Schemes