Research Communications Lead- 12 MONTH FTC
12 month fixed term contract starting ASAP
Fantastic progression and growth opportunities
About Our Client
My client is a leading UK University based in Oxfordshire, that is rapidly growing it's international footprint and furthering their already world leading research.
Key responsibilities for the Research Communications Lead role include:
- Media responsibility: Responsibility for leading the University's media activities in order to support and promote the University's reputation
- Lead on all aspects of the University's external communications, proactively working to build the profile and reputation of the University amongst all types of media including international, national, regional / local and specialist / sector and online.
- Crisis management: To lead on the University's crisis communications in the event of a high profile negative media story or a University emergency. The post-holder will identify and anticipate potential risks, provide professional advice and make key decisions affecting the reputation of the University within tight timescales.
- Media campaigns: Identify, develop and implement media campaigns to promote the University, its objectives, activities and overall reputation
- Speech and copy-writing: Oversee the University's speech and copy writing activities.
- Liaising with colleagues in the Communications team to provide media support for key University issues
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Research Communications Lead role will ideally demonstrate the following:
- Hands on and positive attitude
- Experience and understanding of Higher Education student marketing would be highly desirable
- Expertise in traditional and online, local, national and specialist media and public relations
- A journalistic background would be desirable
- Strong project management skills and coordination of a number of stakeholders and simultaneous projects
What's on Offer
£35,000-£40,000 basic salary with an excellent benefits package.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to become permanent.