Resident Liason Officer
Excellent Opportunity in West London
Immediate Ongoing temp contract
About Our Client
A forward thinking Local Authority based in West London
The post holder will undertake the following specific duties:
- Offer information, advice and assistance to tenants and leaseholders whilst major works are being carried out to their homes.
- Liaise with and set the standard for contractors and their RLO's (and where appropriate consultants) engaging with residents.
- Take an active role in developing, agreeing and managing the residents' consultation plan for individual projects.
- Agree with contractors the resident's information packs, and format and content of updates to residents, including newsletters using a variety of media outlets.
- Coordinate the temporary or permanent re-housing of residents, where necessary.
- Advise Project Managers of the likely effects of capital works on residents.
- Provide information, and assistance to leaseholders concerning their obligations to contribute to the cost of major works thorough service charge payments.
- Liaise with contractors, external agencies and staff to secure satisfactory outcome where there are difficulties in gaining access to dwellings or where there are other disputes with residents.
- Ensure that insurance claims and other claims submitted by residents are processed efficiently.
- Initiate and manage legal action against individual tenants and/or leaseholders where necessary.
- Participate in the development of capital projects, as a project team member.
- Advise Project Managers of any issues which may affect the project.
- Arrange and attend meetings, presentations and exhibitions for residents. This will require working outside normal working hours and at evenings and at various locations throughout the borough.
- Design and carry out social surveys prior to the commencement of major projects.
- Establish and maintain a customer feedback/complaints procedure for each project.
- Ensure information on vulnerable residents or those posing a risk is communicated in line with policy.
- Ensure proactive approach to identify vulnerable residents within programmes, and where appropriate ensure adequate provision made for their needs long term.
- Any other relevant and appropriate duties as may be required for the delivery of the capital investment programme.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of the construction industry and site operations.
- Knowledge of health and safety matters.
- Knowledge of current developments in housing policy and customer service.
- Experience of working in social housing, local government or customer-service environment.
- Experience of working with tenants and leaseholders whose homes are undergoing major building works.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Can create and maintain constructive working relationship with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan own work in logical way without close supervision.
- Ability work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to create simple spreadsheets, and update more complex ones
- Ability to do mail merges and issue communications to residents
- Enthusiastic about playing a key in improving the quality of housing
What's on Offer
The role will involve providing information and support for tenants and leaseholders whose home are affected by major works and to ensure that procedures for communicating and consulting with residents on capital projects demonstrate Best Value
The role is an ongoing contract, with Monday - Friday hours, paying a competitive equivalent to £31,000 to £34,000 on a daily rate.