Responsive Repairs Contracts Manager
Excellent company benefits & career progression opportunities
Flexible working hours
About Our Client
Weaver Vale Housing Trust was formed in July 2002 following a transfer of Vale Royal Borough Council housing stock and is the only local landlord based in Cheshire; providing over 6,000 homes in Northwich, Winsford, Frodsham, Helsby and outlying rural areas.
Weaver Vale Housing Trust provide a range of affordable accommodation for all ages, from flats and retirement apartments to two, three and four bed houses. WVHT have developed a variety of services to support people in their day to day life, helping them live independently in their own homes. The organisation's fundamental aim is to help its customers improve the quality of their lives.
Since its formation, the Trust has completed over £100 million of improvements to its homes and undertaken a series of award-winning new build projects to provide affordable, energy efficient housing in Cheshire. Weaver Vale Housing Trust is a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for, having retained this listing for an 8th consecutive year. In 2020, WVHT reached number 11 in the listing and achieved the accolade of a 2 star 'Best Company' to work for.
Vision - Transforming Neighbourhoods, Homes and Services to Improve the Quality of Life for our Customers
Values - Fairness, Openness, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, Commitment, Customer Focus
- Manage all works within budget and on programme
- Manage the Trusts in house services team responsible for monitoring performance, quality of works in compliance with all statutory health and safety obligations
- Provide a range of professional technical advice and assistance to both technical and non-technical staff in order to enhance service delivery
- Oversee all financial planning and budget setting for all responsible areas of operation
- Oversee all health and safety works for CDM, occupational health and safety and compliance works delivered by trades teams and subcontractors.
- Ensure effective management of supervisors, trades staff and subcontractors
- Ensure all systems are updated for works delivered through the in house team including housing management solutions, DRS, QL, Documotive and 1st Touch
- Oversee all performance KPI information including both internal and customer targets for void / empty homes works
- Proactive approach to improving services based on customer feedback and business needs
- Engagement with formal customer groups to ensure their views are taken into account
- Participate on the Property out of hours call out rota as Operational Support Manager
- To deliver all work in line with the Trusts GDPR, H&S, Financial and People policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant professional Qualification
- Proven management of service delivery teams including trades
- Understanding of a works planning system (DRS etc) and use of reporting systems to proactively manage and improve systems of works
- Ability to analyse operational costs and identify efficiency's and effectively implement changes to realise efficiency's
- Commitment to and ability to develop working relationships with tenants, staff and other external partners to deliver results
- Ability to prepare and present high quality professional reports on performance delivery works
- Good knowledge of best working health and safety practices and legislation
What's on Offer
- £45,480 annual salary
- Defined benefit Pension (5% employer contribution and minimum 5% employee contribution)
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Career progression & qualification opportunities
- Childcare subsidy
- Annual Personal Development payment for health and well-being
- Discounted gym membership