Risk Analyst - One of UK's Largest Housing Associations
Voted 19th in top 100 companies to work for
Competitive benefits package
About Our Client
Our client is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK's most successful independent social businesses. The group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our client's role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. They are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where they work, hoping to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in communities.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, they will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by our client, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our client's vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and they combine social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
You will work under the direction of the Director of Risk & Insurance and support the implementation of the risk management framework. Use your analytical skills and our leading enterprise risk software to capture trends, dependencies and interdependencies to support decision making and operational processes. You will also develop, collate and report on key risk indicators and support the production of quarterly risk appetite metrics and other risk reporting requirements.
Your other main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting business risk owners with the identification of key risks in their business areas, including facilitating risk evaluation workshops to identify risk exposures
- Provide practical advice and coaching to risk owners, including assisting development of effective risk culture
- Aggregating and analysing risk data captured within our risk software to monitor trends and assisting with quarterly risk reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee
- Co-ordinate reporting of risk events and monitor compliance of businesses with risk management processes and criteria
The Successful Applicant
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At least 12 months' experience in a risk or compliance function
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Great team player who shows energy, drive and commitment
- Experience of using risk management software systems
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people's lives, then please apply without delay.
What's on Offer
For our client, people are at the heart of their business and their success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why they are committed to developing people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that they can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to support and training, the successful candidate will have access to a full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
Our client is committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let them know during the recruitment process if you're interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it's feasible then we'll make it happen.