- Working for a leading housing association looking to use risk as an opportunity
- £1.5bil property portfolio with a construction subsidiary operating commercially
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of affordable housing across the South East of England. Based in Hampshire they have built over 1000 homes in the last year with a plan to build a further 17000 in the next 10 years.
As a leading Housing Association, the organisation have been awarded the highest banding of funding available from Homes England; demonstrating governments desire to partner with our client and their confidence in the organisations ability to deliver on it's objectives. The organisation have also demonstrated their commitment to strong governance, having been awarded a G1 rating from the Regulator for Social Housing.
Our client is not only a financially secure and ambitious business, but also one that truly are people first. They offer leading training & development programmes as well as having invested in peer mentoring and exceeded target's based on gender and ethnicity pay gaps.
This role is responsible for the continuous improvement of risk management within the organisation as well as monitoring the business continuity plans and ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Continuous development and promotion of risk management via the design and delivery of training, promotional activity and the running of risk workshops
- Oversee and maintain compliance in line with FCA & IDA requirements
- Lead on reviewing and updating risk registers; advising on content and risk appetite
- Manage the preparation of papers and reporting for the Audit & Risk Committee (The Head of Governance will up-skill you to be able to present to the Audit & Risk Committee in time)
- Lead on management of the outsourced Internal Auditors
- Develop, deliver and monitor the business continuity plan
The Successful Applicant
Risk management qualification
Experience of working in risk management and business assurance
Experience of leading internal audit teams
Experience of writing reports for Audit & Risk Committee
Experience of working in a client facing position such as having trained in an Audit firm
Ideally having trained in Risk & Assurance in a Big 4/ Top 100 Firm.
Proactive character with the ability engage and influence stakeholders
What's on Offer
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a proactive risk management professional to add value in a Management level role. The role will offer you a lot of support and opportunity for up-skilling- whilst also offering autonomy in a role which you can mould to suit you.
The role is 5 days per week but that would be open to somebody looking for part-time or condensed hours
The Head of Governance will provide support to allow you to present to the Audit & Risk Committee in time
The role is Portsmouth based with the aim to be in-office 20% of the time (1-2 days per week)
The role offers additional benefits on top of the base salary