- This is a permanent position with a fast growing commodities trading house
- This person will build a new physical power and natural gas risk desk
About Our Client
My client is a fast growing international commodities trading house. This role is based in the City of London.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of three analysts/senior analysts
- Configuring and modelling within Openlink software.
- Control function measuring, monitoring and reporting market, credit and liquidity risks.
- Initiate and manage strategic risk department projects.
- New product control.
- Model validation / conformance testing / regulatory reporting.
- Design and implement technical solutions.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Perform monthly price validation and compute reserves.
- Write and publish monthly risk department summary report.
- Support the CRO and liaise with Singapore Risk team and other departments
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following credentials:
- A university degree in a numerical subject
- Must have extensive knowledge in Physical and Financial Power & Natural Gas.
- Must have strong and proven quantitative reasoning math and IT skills.
- Openlink software experience would be ideal
- Ability to independently problem solve and deliver solutions.
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
- Management skills required
- Financial Services background, ideally in commodities trading house
What's on Offer
This is an exciting new Risk Manager role based in the City of London. This person will report to the CRO and will be offered a basic salary of £90,000-110,000 depending on level of experience. This firm also offer a competitive bonus and benefits.