Large banking organisation hring a VP level Risk Manager role with focus on
enterprise risk aspects inc Credit and Holistic risk.
About Our Client
High profile Banking client based in London seeking Risk Manager/VP
The Risk Manager/VP
- Holistic (including but not limited to credit, compliance, booking policy) risk assessment and related processing of applications for transactions to be booked in London entity.
- This will include associated communication with other parties within the bank often at Director level and above
- Broad perspective including business strategy, risk strategies, risks that could impact the Branch (as examples credit risk, compliance, tax, ESG), policies and procedures in analysing transactions
- Oversight and monitoring of all types of risk that may impact the Branch
- Producing reports for management.
- Liaising with all London Branch SMFs and, as, far as possible (bearing in mind SMF requirements), working with and deputising for the Head of Risk, London branch in their absence such as attending meetings including presenting.
- Working closely with the other London Branch Risk Manager
The Successful Applicant
- Sound practical knowledge of risk - credit and other relevant risks, to be able to identify the probable risks to the branch of assets being booked and how/why we are comfortable with these risks
- Questioning approach
- Consistent focus on constant enhancements of procedures
- Independent views
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to process a high work volume, meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Good understanding of the bank and its processes notably GBR
- A high level of interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach with a willingness to take on board advice and guidance
- Ideally a sound understanding of the bank processes
- Educated to degree level and/ or professional qualification in a financial discipline
To be based in City of London
What's on Offer
VP level salary and competitive earnings for Risk Manager/VP