- OUTSIDE IR35 Contract.
- Opportunity for fully remote working.
About Our Client
My client is a New Media and Internet tech start-up with major growth plans for 2022. The team is currently working remotely but they have plans to return to their site in central London as soon as the COVID restrictions have been lifted.
My London based New Media and Internet client is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to engage in the following:
- Aid the build of the client's platform that will be built from a backend API using Ruby on Rails with a separate web frontend using React/Next.js and iOS and Android apps.
- This role is focused on the backend and frontend as part of a cross-functional team of other software engineers and product designers.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Ruby on Rails Developer role at my New Media and Internet client's site in London, the candidate must present evidence of the following:
- It's essential that you have at least two years of recently working with Ruby on Rails and React, ideally with Next.js.
- Understanding of Node, build tools and shell scripting.
- You should be comfortable with relational databases and SQL. Our choice is PostgreSQL.
- We write tests using RSpec (backend) and Jest/Cypress (frontend).
- Comfortable using GitHub for source control and collaboration.
- Familiarity with web performance optimisation techniques, web standards and accessibility.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work using an Agile methodology by engaging in regular Scrum/Stand-Up meetings.
What's on Offer
Receive up to £450-500 per day OUTSIDE IR35.
Opportunity to work completely remotely.
Minimum 6 month contract.