Sales and Market Manager
Excellent opportunity to join a market leading specialty chemicals organisation
Looking for a proactive Sales & Market Manager to develop a key market segment
About Our Client
Vertellus is a dynamic international company, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with more than a century of leadership in the manufacture of health, agriculture and performance chemicals. Our company is also a leading provider in the world of speciality chemicals for the agriculture, nutrition, pharmaceutical, fine chemicals, medical, personal care, plastics, coatings and many other industrial markets. Our products are in the things you use every day - toothpaste, deodorants, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, detergents, plastics, adhesives, inks, tires and more. Our culture is built on mutual trust and respect for all employees so that we can focus on providing the best products and solutions to our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation in what will be a remote based role in Europe. Each of the two positions will have a specific business area and you will be responsible for increasing the turnover and profitability of that business area. This is a new business focused position where you will need to increase the account base, as well as the revenue steams within existing customers.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Manages a territory of Vertellus accounts in the Repellents (DEET) and Life Sciences Business Units (Pharma/Frangrance) Or the Polymer / Plastic business unit.
- Execute a high degree of prospecting for new markets and products for the business
- Consistently deliver on monthly and quarterly AOP (Annual Operating Plan) targets of volume, revenue and profitability
- Develop and executes strategic account plans for major customers and communicate Vertellus value propositions aimed at developing new business.
- Work closely with customers and prospects to manage developmental projects from initial formulation development to product and ingredient registration to commercial launch.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and Vertellus field marketing and technical support.
- Builds and maintain a healthy project pipeline.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills & Interaction:
- Strong business development experience, with a proven track record of overachieving sales targets within the speciality chemical sector.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders within a customer base across different levels and business functions.
- Experience in Life Sciences, Repellents, Fragrances or Pharma applications as well as Plastics / Polymers would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills and analytical capabilities.
- Must be a self-starter and able to operate remotely in a self sufficient role.
- Will have excellent presentation skills and be able to deliver strong technical content to wide ranging audiences.
- A keen problem solver, who will work with clients in order to create commercially viable product solutions.
- Able to travel extensively when required, in a position that can be based anywhere in Europe.
- Embodies theVertellus Core Values:
- Accountability: takes ownership and holds him/herself and other accountable
- Deliver Results: takes personal responsibility for performance and business results
- Bias for Action: plays to win and gets the job done
- Integrity: acts ethically, with integrity to act and do in the right way
Education & Qualifications:
- University level business or technical degree, (Chemistry or technical subject is preferred)
- Ready to travel extensively (60%) throughout the region
What's on Offer
Excellent benefits package depending upon experience