Sales and Operations Director
Senior sales/operations/project management role in the memberships body space
Market leading professional body for the telecommunications industry
About Our Client
Our client are a global association of over 850-member companies that generate US$2 trillion in revenue and serve five billion customers across 180 countries.
They pride themselves on driving collaboration and collective problem-solving to maximise the business success of communication and digital service providers and their ecosystem of suppliers around the world. Members are supported as they navigate their unique digital transformation journeys, providing practical and proven assets and tools to accelerate execution, and platforms to facilitate collaborative problem solving and innovation.
This role is centered around the Advisory Services division designed to help members to adopt and use effectively standards and best practices. Advisory Services engagements are typically short-term projects (usually not more than a couple of months) carried out by small teams comprising of our client's staff and contractors from a network of trusted external consultants.
* Ensuring client satisfaction for our client's Advisory Services engagements
* Pre-sales activities: engaging with customers to develop Statements of Work in response to customer needs (including negotiating project milestones and acceptance criteria); resource planning (including staff and external consultants); project costings & margin analysis; liaison with legal teams on contract issues
* During projects: project management of all aspects of the engagement to ensure client satisfaction; management reporting; maintaining a risk register and other project documentation; logistics coordination (including resource allocation, travel schedules for the consulting team); tracking & managing costs; forecasting revenue recognition; raising and negotiating change requests as required
* At project completion: ensuring project sign-off against acceptance criteria; liaising with the marketing team to help develop case studies and other collateral
* Improving and managing service delivery processes and ensuring adoption of those processes to wider organisation; reporting on project status including key indicators
* Growing and managing our team of trusted external consultants and on-boarding new team members; working with the Leadership Program Director and Sales Enablement
The Successful Applicant
* Experience in a similar role, including managing the delivery of projects for large client organisations (ideally in telecoms). Other industries that will work are technology, IT, cyber security and then some areas of banking and finance but experience in and knowledge of the telecommunications industry is best
* Experience working in pre-sales situations and negotiating with customer procurement departments
* Gravitas and know-how required to build a team of senior consultants
* Adaptable and pro-active with good people skills, combined with good attention to detail
* Competent with spreadsheets and financial analysis
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with the telecoms industry IT systems and processes would be a significant advantage
Our client are essentially looking for somebody who works collaboratively and is into the detail. Gravitas is needed in being able to coordinate successfully with internal and external stakeholders and relationship management is key.
What's on Offer
Our client are looking to offer circa £70-80k and are able to be extremely flexible around home working. They need someone who can work autonomously and be available to come into the London office maybe a couple of times a week.
There is a performance related bonus that can be discussed at interview.
I look forward to hearing from you.