Genuine opportunity to lead & grow a standalone $45m business in the foodservice
Part of larger international group ($140m turnover) with a desire to grow the UK
About Our Client
My client specialise in the sourcing of frozen and chilled food products from around the world and selling into the UK market.
Focusing on both branded and own label products, they have established long-standing relationships with key customers - who include National & Regional Wholesalers and Cash & Carry's, Chinese and Indian distributors, niche product Merchants, Food Manufacturers and Retailers.
Established for over 40 years, their strength lies in the quality of the sourced product, their long-term global relationships with leading producers and processors and finally their financial strength and stability.
It is their intention to make a positive contribution to the foodservice Industry by continuing to work closely with key business partners on innovation, quality, sustainability and be at the forefront of technical and wider industry development for many years to come.
As part of a larger international business their UK headquarters are based in the West Midlands, suitably located to provide customers orders quickly and efficiently all over the UK.
- To sit on the board of directors who run and grow the UK business as a whole
- To create, implement and deliver the sales strategy for the business
- Personally manage the key accounts with the larger multiples
- Identify potential new areas of business growth both with existing customers and new markets
- Manage a team of established Business Development Managers including training, developing and mentoring
- Work closely with the technical division to manage the NPD process
- Work closely within the UK team, communicating areas of best practice and cross selling as and when appropriate
- Reporting to the wider business, attending monthly operations meetings with representatives of the wider group.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will currently be in a leadership role and possess the following skills/experience:
- Provable track record of increasing sales in the food service sector
- Strong relationships and connections within the foodservice and wholesale sector
- Passionate about food and currently selling a food product
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- We will also consider a Senior NAM/National Account Controller looking to step up into their first Director role
- Financial and technical knowledge sufficient to prepare sales budgets, model sales opportunities and work with the Purchasing Director and overseas suppliers to deliver product lines at the right cost
- Own label experience, comfortable with the NPD process
- Strong focus on L&D with classically trained sales techniques
- Commutable to the West Midlands and comfortable with national travel
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary depending on experience
Very good performance related bonus
25 days holiday + bank holidays