The opportunity to work for a fast growing family run food business
Established & recognised brand in the ethnic food market
About Our Client
My client have dominated the ethnic food market for over 50 years; with strong connections across foodservice, grocery multiples and international routes they are looking for an established Sales Director to join their family run business in the Midlands.
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy to optimise profitable business growth opportunities and ensure targets are achieved.
- Designing, executing and managing the marketing plan once agreed.
- Lead, develop and motivate the sales team to deliver outstanding results and ensure continuous improvement through efficient ways of working and a culture of evaluation, learning and performance management.
- Working in collaboration with key managers and Directors across the Company to support the organisation to develop, implement and sustain appropriate enabling strategies that meet the needs of the customer, simultaneously ensuring the department supports others to achieve their goals.
- Key responsibility for developing relationships with key customers.
- Construct an appropriate and effective team budget and be responsible for it.
- Identify external trends and actions that are likely to impact current or future delivery, ensuring that the risks and opportunities are mitigated and managed.
- Monitor economic or industry needs and the products, services, sales, marketing strategies and performance of competitors.
- Actively lead and participate in sales and client retention activity.
- Be directly accountable for the performance, management and development of the Sales team and create opportunity in new markets.
The Successful Applicant
- We need candidates to have exposure to selling an ethnic food product
- Solid knowledge and experience of selling into the top 4 grocers is essential
- People management skills
- Strong experience in P&L management.
- Tackling and solving problems head on.
- Generating and interpreting detailed sales and marketing reports (expenditure, income, performance).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution whilst consistently displaying inspirational leadership qualities.
- Commercially astute, customer focused with drive and ambition.
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational and time management skills.
- Must be number-oriented with strong math skills and well-developed business senses.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
- Proven strategic aptitude and ability.
- Confidence working as part of a team and independently.
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages with strong system skills.
- This role has national coverage however we request candidates applying be based within the Midlands area for easy access to the HQ
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary
Performance related bonus