Are you a strong sales leader?
Do you have background in construction?
About Our Client
My client is a well known manufacturer of building products used and sold to numerous customers. These would include house builders, architects, main contractors, builder merchants and some end users.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Director are:
- To lead and direct the sales team, to ensure they beat the monthly sales targets for the business, including first quotes through to repeat sales.
- To set and monitor the achievement of challenging sales targets for the team
- To work on a national basis actively monitoring the sales team as well as driving own leads forward
- To define the sales process for the business and ensure it is robustly implemented and followed across the sales team
- To motivate, manage and drive the sales team to ensure that targets are met
- To actively monitor short term sales forecasts from the sales team to ensure they remain on target and goals are met
- To provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly feedback reports to the business
- To actively challenge the sales team where targets are not likely to be met and ensure that corrective performance actions are implemented swiftly
- To define the sales plan for the organisation on a monthly basis - reflective of previous months performance and the forecast
- To liaise closely with the production and service teams with regard to demand planning, capacity and technical features relevant to production
- To inform the marketing plan of the business through customer feedback and identification of opportunities
- To ensure that all sales tools are accurate and up to date
- To work with the MD with regard to sales tactics and initiatives to drive sales volumes
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sales Director will have:
- Min of 2 years' previous experience in a similar management role within a manufacturing organisation.
- Min of 5 years in B2B sales roles with a credible track record of performance
- Credible experience of achieving sales targets
- Builds team cohesion
- Sociable and outgoing
- Tough when needed
- Ideally living in the North of the UK.
What's on Offer
The successful Sales Director with receive:
- Excellent basic salary DOE.
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Health care s