Sales Manager - South
Structured development programme for leaders
About Our Client
A global leader in the mechanical and industrial engineering sector recognised by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers.
Their business is centred on world class engineering and people.
Employees are "talent managed" ensuring everyone has a career goal and plan with consistent meetings to assess progress.
If you would like to be a part of a global business, who respect and develop their employees and this role sounds like an ideal fit, please apply now.
The role is for a Sales Manager, to be based local to Bristol, to manage a team of approximately 10 Account Managers responsible for Corporate End User and FM business.
The role is for a Sales Manager, to be based local to (either) Surrey, the Thames Valley, Northern Home Counties as far North as Birmingham, to manage a team of approximately 10 Account Managers responsible for Corporate End User and FM business.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Plan sales, manage pricing and offering
- Responsible for Regional and Individual Sales Plans (ISPs) for his/her team
- Participates in market and customer analysis to ensure quality of sales planning
- Participates in pricing and offering management in order to drive ensure market pricing and profitability
- Balance order received growth and profitability by managing discounts
- Responsible for gathering relevant information about competitors and market from the field
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for cross-selling of all solutions
Manage Sales Funnel
- Accountable for leading the Sell process
- Accountable for ensuring results within orders, contracts, profitability and market price development
- Sets sales targets according to market potential and FL unit guidelines
- Gives direction and focus on the right customers through proper customer analysis
- Ensures the correct value propositions by his/her team
- Drives sales result from his/her team both short and long term
- Executes and advises pricing guidelines for his/her area
- Approves tenders and orders above salesperson's limits
- Utilises global processes and tools for local benefit
Leadership / People management
- Leads the sales team (Salespersons, Sales Specialists) through own example of being proactive with customers and using consultative selling
- Coaches the team members to achieve better results through constant one to one dialogues and sharing of best practices
- Manages the performance of the team
- Ensures adequate resources to achieve the short and long term targets
- Develops the competences of the sales team
- Selects/appoints local team members to manage the strategic / core 1 customer relationships.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in a leadership role operating within a technical environment with complex sales processes.
- Be process driven - able to properly utilise KPI's and CRM tracking and management tools.
- Have a demonstrable track record of developing and retaining team members.
- Have the capability to grow into bigger leadership roles - My client are looking for successors and are hiring people they believe are capable of stepping up to the next level.
What's on Offer
£62,000 - £70,000 basic salary
Private health care