World leading processing machines known for their quality and reliability
Well established, successful and growing company who are customer centric
About Our Client
Urschel® is the world leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of commercial precision food cutting and milling equipment. Urschel food processing equipment is used by every major food processor in the United States and in over 100 countries worldwide. With over 100 years of experience, a multitude of U.S. and foreign patents, and a worldwide factory-trained network comprised of service, sales, and support staff, Urschel remains dedicated to producing the highest quality size reduction equipment for the food processing industry. Urschel International Limited with the head office in Leicester, UK, a subsidiary of Urschel Laboratories, Inc, has 10 offices spread across Europe that are responsible for local sales and technical support
A great opportunity to join a well established, successful company with long serving staff and a positive working environment.
The Sales Manager will:
Home based anywhere from Birmingham to North West or North East
- Manage and grow the sales of Urschel machines and parts into the Midlands North territories
- Be responsible for acquisition of new customers in the North of the UK as well as developing the well established existing customer base.
- Follow through the whole process of advising customers on appropriate machines, ordering equipment to the customers' specifications through to delivery and start up at the customer's site
- Be able to demonstrate equipment and its use at customer's site, and assist with training of customer staff
- Work with other Urschel salesmen and engineers on expanding knowledge and uses of the machines and developing cross territory customer relationships
- Attend and participate at the annual European sales meeting and bi-annual Worldwide sales meeting
- Co-organize and attend trade shows including set up and tear down when required
The Successful Applicant
The person required will be a qualified experienced salesperson who is technically competent and can demonstrate a 'hands on' approach to work. The person needs to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, have good sales experience and be equally confident in dealing with shop floor and executive personnel.
The person needs to have the ability to think laterally, work independently, create solutions, and close sales.
The Sales Manager will have:
- A good technical appreciation and be able to roll their sleeves up at customer site
- Commercial sales track record in winning profitable business selling capital equipment; ideally within the food processing segment. However this is not essential and experience within other adjacent sectors will be considered.
- Demonstrable stable tenure in previous roles held.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus package on offer