An established logistics business going through a period of growth
Managing and growing the national sales team
About Our Client
Our client is an Asian headquartered business that provides tailored and intelligent solutions in the logistics distribution and supply chain world. They have multiple bases in the UK and Europe, and whilst this role is remote, there will be cause to go to the London office based near Heathrow on occasion.
The Sales Manager will be tasked with driving revenue, account retention and management of the sales strategy across the UK. Although the expectation is for the role to be primarily client facing, there is a definite need to cultivate and push relationships internally - specifically with the operations team who execute the solutions sold. In order to do this the hire will be expected to travel fairly extensively to visit clients where possible.
Other responsibilities will include:-
- Working on budgeting and planning and presenting sales results on a periodic basis
- Creating and implementing strategic sales plans that align with business objectives
- Forging positive long-lasting relationships with key clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers to ensure a commercial outcome
- Effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Identifying valuable and viable emerging markets to target
The Successful Applicant
In order to apply for the Sales Manager role, candidates must be able to demonstrate significant experience in winning new accounts and implementing a sales strategy. The successful candidate will be hungry for success and keen to be part of a growing business that they can have a tangible effect on.
Other competencies and experiences we will be looking for include:-
- Five years plus operating at a senior sales level in a logistics business
- The ability to take the features and benefits of a service portfolio to build powerful business development campaigns
- Be charismatic, have strong commercial acumen and demonstrable track record of sales results in this market
- Organised, with meticulous attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal & communication skills, able to prioritise
- Maintaining effective relationships, focusing on customer needs and being able to gain their commitment
- Regularly reviewing and communicating progress against said objectives, adjusting as needed
What's on Offer
For the successful candidate there will be a base salary of between £50,000 and £60,000 plus commission and benefits.