exciting, growing organisation
opportunity to take ownership of sales function in the UK
About Our Client
My client is a long-term, fast-growing technology partner to the largest deposit return scheme (DRS) markets globally. DRS schemes are used around the world to encourage people to recycle drinks containers such as bottles and cans. This works by the concept of putting a deposit on drinking containers, so they are recycled and therefore contribute to a circular economy with less littering and pollution. My client supplies reverse vending machines and high-speed counting solutions. The company is privately owned, has its headquarters in Sweden, and last year their machines collected 11.5 billion used beverage containers globally. Ahead of a national roll-out of a deposit return scheme in the UK, they are looking to add a UK Sales Manager to ensure they are primed to take market share, especially when the new legislation is implemented.
The Sales Manager will be tasked with selling reverse vending machines and services to the UK market, with the Scottish retail sector being the primary target audience. This will mainly be a field-based position where you will be responsible for the full sales lifecycle. This includes educating customers about the forthcoming deposit return scheme, the benefits of reverse vending machines, recommending the right solutions for each store, sales conversion and maintaining a long-term supplier-client relationship.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Be based out of their Edinburgh office which is located in Broxburn, close to Edinburgh airport, when required. This will be a remote/field-based position in the main
- Build a strong network with all major retailers in the UK at all levels from HQ to store level. Focus on Scotland from the beginning.
- Win business with independent and smaller retailers where possible.
- Position my client as the leading supplier of reverse vending machines in the UK.
- Build a strong sales pipeline for the incoming UK DRS (Deposit Return Scheme).
- Be able to educate about reverse vending machines and deposit return schemes.
- Find a business model that can enable the UK entity to be profitable.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven sales and business development experience.
- Experience in technical sale and in selling large capital equipment.
- Strong networker and communicator at all levels.
- Key account management experience.
- Prior experience selling to retailers in the UK.
- Experience/knowledge of recycling would be beneficial but not essential.
- Higher education or degree preferable.
- An ability to understand the technical side of the product offering is essential.
- Solution led sales approach.
- Clean UK Driver's License essential.
- Must be willing to travel in the UK and to occasionally within Europe.
- Valid UK passport.
What's on Offer