Client Authorisation Required
SCAH Senior Category Officer
Playing a key role in key government department
Great career growth and development opportunity
About Our Client
Over the past 18 months, DEFRA have consolidated 5 different commercial organisation under one team and are now managing a spend ranging between £2-4bn. This has led to the creation of a number of new roles offering exciting projects and clear career development.
One of the biggest programmes of work that is going on over the next 10 years is the delivery of the Science Capability in Animal Health Programme. This is overseeing the £1.4bn renovation and refurbishment of the APHA Science estate in Weybridge to ensure it continues to hold its place as a world leading facility for science and research with regards to animal health.
There are number of roles to support this once in a lifetime renovation. In these roles you will be supporting on a range of diverse projects including the new build of a 20,000 sqm new animal high containment facility and the new build of a 22,000 sqm new laboratory.
The Key responsibilities of the SCAH Senior Category Officer on this programmes are:-
- Support and lead the delivery of projects, procurements and contract / supplier management roles across the technology category.
- Support the management and development of key supplier relationships to deliver exceptional performance in cost, service and quality.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with category customers;
- Provide day to day advice on commercial issues and governance across the relevant category, taking full account of risk, exploiting commercial opportunities and maximising value of money and savings.
The Successful Applicant
The successful SCAH Senior Category Officer for this programme of work will be able to demonstrate:-
- A Commercial track record of setting high standards and delivering results in complex environments
- Experience at influencing Commercial decisions and stakeholders at an operational level and constructively challenge when necessary.
- Experience of leading strategic contract award negotiations and resolving dispute resolutions through negotiation
- Ability to building and maintain strong and productive working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely. Effectively communicating with a wide range of stakeholders (at all levels) both in a technical and non-technical environment.
- Delivering improvements to ways of working and embedding change.
What's on Offer
Defra are looking for enthusiastic procurement professionals who have had exposure to working on major construction or refurb programmes and have experience of NEC/ JCT/ PCR frameworks. In this role you will be working at pace and alongside a number of highly commercial senior operators.
These roles will be based in Weybridge. DEFRA offers a generous benefits package along with flexible and remote working.
By joining DEFRA you will be supported by pioneering development and training. You will work with some of the most experienced and talented people in the industry and experience an inclusive culture that encourages you to fulfil your potential.
This campaign is being run as a rolling campaign. All vacancies are launched upon commencement of this campaign. Defra will be conducting sift and interviews in waves. Any vacancies remain unfilled after the first wave, will roll over into the next wave of the campaign for fulfilment. We will also look to use waves 2 and 3 to fill merit lists for future opportunities. The first wave of this campaign will close 17th July, with interviews commencing w/c 10th August. The second wave of this campaign will close 21st August, with interviews commencing w/c 7th September. The third and final wave of this campaign will close 18th September, with interviews commencing w/c 5th October. These dates are indicative only and subject to change.
Please be aware that at this time interviews may take place either over the phone or by video conference.
- We will aim to give you a minimum of 5 days notice before inviting any candidate for interview but please be aware that this may not be possible and interviews may have to be changed at short notice.