Scheduling and Production Planning Manager
Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client is a material manufacturer within the West of Scotland who have a global reach and their products and customers are at the highest end of quality.
- Being a key role within the Operations team and reporting directly to the Operations Director, the role of Scheduling and Production Planning Manager is responsible for all aspects of manufacturing forward planning, robust product and customer scheduling to ensure the most efficient and effective flow of product through the production process.
- You will be responsible for ensuring availability of the correct materials and stocks to ensure delivery of the customer product at the right cost, to the right quality, on time and in full (OTIF).
- Responsibility for full end to end production and dispatch of finished goods
- Ensure there is robust forward planning and a clearly communicated production plan
- Creation, implementation and monitoring of production KPIs aligned to the factory profitability and production flow, performance and planning.
- Ensure that your team execute a structured assessment of the materials management activity within the full cycle and range of operations, from raw materials delivered, through to the final despatch to the customer
- Make sure there is robust stock management within the operations team
The Successful Applicant
- A degree in a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Ability to demonstrate a strong manufacturing background with knowledge of production planning and scheduling.
- Demonstrable experience of using and implementing MRP/ERP systems to deliver results.
- Excellent IT skills and a structured systems approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of driving and improving process changes, resulting in greater efficiency's and financial performance
- Leadership and line management skills with a coaching style that gets the best out of people focused on collaboration, continual improvement, personal and professional growth and empowerment
- Experience of developing and implementing meaningful KPI's, targeting key areas of improvement, enabling the ability to celebrate success
- Experience and credibility to create a winning team/individual and culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong business relationships with all stakeholders.
- Commercial acumen & awareness
- Attention to detail
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + benefits dependent of experience