- Multiple projects
- Career progression
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest software consultancy firms in the world, with over 10,000 employees worldwide you with be joining a truly established company. They are a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects, project managers and software engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
The Application Development delivery team specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. The team are building world class digital experiences and applications, using modern delivery methods, leveraging robust, flexible platforms.
The projects can span from gathering user insight to designing compelling experiences and delivering them through a variety of touch points (mobile | tablet | web) underpinned by enterprise integration at scale, with capabilities spanning the digital, Cloud and traditional client landscapes. We are seeking experienced Scrum Masters, with capability and aspiration to move into either project management or agile coach roles, to work on some of the most innovative enterprise digital projects in the UK.
The Successful Applicant
You will be providing scrum master expertise and consultancy experience to external clients, the scrum masters can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and on projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single small team assignments to multi-site, multi-country, multi-discipline projects. Projects may contain a blend of client and contract staff and include a range of different stakeholders.
What you'll do?
- Coaching the team and the client organisation to use agile practices and values to exceed the expectations of our customers
- Facilitating agile process and ceremonies
- Managing impediments and eliminating waste so teams work efficiently and effectively as possible to meet goals
- Mentoring the team to grow and share agile knowledge
- Motivating our teams to deliver meaningful outcomes that meet our clients' needs; whilst balancing this with realistic commitments, health of the product backlog and team well-being
- Supporting and coaching the Product Owner, especially on refining and maintaining the product backlog
- Changing and refining the culture so agile delivery can flourish
- Supporting project managers to deliver the project across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters.
- Understand our customers' business needs and support Project Management in their delivery, and in identifying further opportunities.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- A passion for and demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or digital development, experience design projects, implementation and integration projects - from inception through to delivery
- A recognised agile certification
- A passion for agile ways of working with teams and with your clients
- A track record of continued and recent education in agile frameworks, including training, conferences, user groups, and self-study
- At least two years', hands-on, experience in a scrum master and/or agile coaching role for a software development team; preferably in large multi-team projects using distributed delivery
- Hands-on experience when using agile delivery of requirements analysis, UX design, technical design, software engineering, testing and continuous deployment
- Experience of estimation for agile, sizing and tracking projects delivered using an agile methodology
- Excellent skills and knowledge of collaborative leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of the patterns and techniques used in an Agile project e.g. burndown metrics, backlog tracking, velocity, task definition, retrospectives and defect management
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills