- Amazing feel good organisation
- Lead technical change in the organisation
About Our Client
My client is Guide dogs for the blind. an amazing organisation helping the community.
As part of the Technology Applications Development & Support team, you'll be passionate about building understanding and buy-in of agile working within the Technology and Digital teams and the wider business. You'll also support with the prioritisation and scheduling of product and service delivery across multiple technology and digital workstream dependencies.Key Responsibilities
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and discussed openly with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Planning retrospectives effectively and encouraging a feedback loop that results in direct actions and improvements, building a culture of iterative improvement in ways of working
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
The Successful Applicant
- Certified or equivalent Agile practitioner
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Demonstrated proven experience with Agile techniques - Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- A detailed understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery, the value of metrics, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Experience working in the charity sector applying Agile frameworks
- Experience using Agile frameworks for a Salesforce implementation and ongoing development
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and application of servant leadership, facilitation skills, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndowntechnologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Knowledge of Agile approaches - Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and running Agile implementation and ongoing development cycles.
- Working knowledge of Jira and ensuring the teams ability to use to support development
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- The ability to adapt the assumptions of Agile methodologies to an organisation's conditions effectively
- The ability to use creative techniques to search for solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritise simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritise information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
What's on Offer
A salry of of up-to £58,000 and remote working