Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer - MSP experience essential
Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer - Windows 10, O365, Hyper-V
Client facing role - MUST have UK Driving Licence
About Our Client
My client is a brilliant MSP based in Swindon, they are growing their support function following an increase in client requirements and project work.
- You will split your time between the office and on client sites where you will take ownership for larger clients' IT estates.
- There will be a good mixture of support and projects to keep you engaged.
- The successful applicant will have strong 2nd Line technical skills as well as the ambition to progress into a 3rd Line role in the future.
- Strong communication skills and ability to make decisions
- Setup, deployment, update and maintenance of client Windows based systems.
- Create and maintain IT related documentation for all systems.
- Managing and maintaining virtualized environments (mainly Hyper-V)
- Monitoring, support, and maintenance of core servers and services.
- Network infrastructure (both on site and inter site - e.g. VPN, Firewall and Routers)
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in both end-user and infrastructure IT support activities essential
- Solid understanding and experience of supporting workstation environments
- Good understanding of Microsoft server platforms (including Active Directory)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Exchange
- Good understanding of networking (LAN/WANs, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP)
- Good understanding of security solutions (McAfee, Symantec)
- Experience of managing and supporting cloud based solutions (backup/DR/email)
- Experience of supporting mobile devices and relevant OS' (Windows, Apple, Android)
What's on Offer
£30,000-£35,000 + additional benefits