- 2nd line Support Analyst
- Fantastic Opportunity for a long term career within a great company
About Our Client
A UK Based charity that empowers partially sighted and blind people
· Act as lead technical authority on all assistive technology providing technical leadership across all directorates.
· Act as the escalation point for assistive technology support calls, supporting the central support and assistive technology technicians.
· Deal with assistive technology queries requiring solutions within a structured service delivery framework. Consult with the Service Desk Team Lead and other Support Technicians as required. Take a key role in ensuring IS customer satisfaction.
· Identify and implement IS and assistive technology process and procedure improvements that improve IS services.
· Champion accessibility and assistive technology within IS.
· Act as Senior Technical representative for the assistive technology and the Service desk.
· Develop, coach and mentor the Support Technicians with an emphasis on Assistive Technology.
· Responsible for root-cause analysis of Assistive Technology related issues and conflicts.
· Provide specialist technical advice and support to all users across all sites and remote working in relation to Incidents, Service Requests and Call Management.
· Provide a senior technical position within IS Operations, ensuring a high degree of communication, problem solving, process management and technical knowledge combined with a strong customer service focus.
· Monitor and respond to logged incidents within the call management system.
· Analyse, troubleshoot, build, configure and install PC based hardware, operating systems, apps and assistive technology tools.
· Proactively identify, evaluate, recommend and implement new products and accessibility tools.
· Implement technical solutions and improvements to user capability and self-sufficiency in technology and applications across many sites and Home Workers including blind and partially sighted users.
· Manage incidents and problems.
· My Client is a learning organisation and are committed to fostering a positive climate for continuous learning. We expect all our people to demonstrate commitment and actively participate in continuous professional development (CPD).
The Successful Applicant
· Proven and demonstratable experience gained in IT technical service environment with positively delivered outcomes.
· In-depth experience of supporting the Microsoft modern workplace technology stack including but not limited to: Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, MFA for both office and remote based staff.
· Acting as the senior technical representative within an IS support team, providing an escalation point for Support Technicians.
· Working in high pressured environments with users who may be stressed.
· Effectively managing customer expectations.
· Providing assessments and evaluations of a wide range of hardware and software.
· Hardware and software troubleshooting of PC compatible computers and within a networked environment including VPN and remote access.
· Proven awareness and knowledge of networking principles and practices i.e. TCP/IP, DNS
· Proven troubleshooting experience within an enterprise networked environment including remote access i.e. VPN
· In depth understanding of the core Microsoft technology stack including but not limited to Windows 10 and Office 365
· Experience supporting and administering accounts using 365 admin consoles and Active Directory
· Supporting collaboration tools including Skype for Business Enterprise, Teams and Zoom.
· Broad experience of supporting and troubleshooting PC, Mac, iOS and Android hardware and software.
· Troubleshooting WiFi and LAN technologies.
· IT related certification: Microsoft Modern Desktop certification, CompTIA, ITIL Foundation qualification or demonstrable relevant equivalent experience in a senior IT support role.Desirable
· Microsoft Modern Desktop Administration Associate certification
· Experience of supporting accessibility technology tools including Microsoft accessibility features and 3rd party accessibility software i.e. Jaws, Zoomtext, Dragon
· Experience of modern workplace management and deployment technologies i.e. Autopilot, Microsoft End Point Manager
· TopDesk call management system
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to step into a fantastic role within the charity sector, great for someone who is looking for there next step up to a team lead and is looking for a long term career.