Global FMCG business
Excellent opportunity for growth
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest FMCG businesses in the UK with 90% of their business wholesale vs 10% through distribution. They have a London-based office with Group HQ based abroad.
The main purpose of the Senior Accountant role is:
- Supporting the finance department and management team by completing
- routine accounting and group reporting tasks and duties
- routine back office administrative tasks (lead by Finance Controller and supported by Financial Analyst as well)
- necessary project related tasks for establishing the UK operations for the company
- Carry out accurate bookkeeping and manage period end reporting process in SAP for Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss statement, Cash Flow, Intercompany.
- Full ownership of the monthly management accounts
- Working up to trial balance
- Post accruals/adjustments/other required journals to ensure the month-end results show the clear and fair picture
- Support audit work by providing timely and accurate data and report
- Proactively suggest improvements and take an active part in the implementation and in the follow up process.
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations ensuring all postings and cash allocations are up to date
- Provide the required input into the monthly and quarterly group consolidation- report data to Global Corporate Finance for the purpose of external reporting under US GAAP and IFRS
- Effectively communicate data to external parties upon request
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Accountant will have the following credentials:
- 5+ years experience in a FMCG organisation
- Professional finance qualification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experienced user of SAP
- Experience reporting under either US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Audit experience is an advantage
What's on Offer
Basic salary between £50,000 to £55,000 + benefits.